19 May
2009

The May Two-Four Weekend in Muskoka

The Victoria Day long weekend in Canada is usually the kickoff to our summer. This weekend is also known as the May Two-Four weekend (for those of you outside of Canada our beer is sold in 24 packs) but the holiday does not necessarily fall on the 24th of May.

This is the weekend that most people open their cottages, plant gardens or go camping. The highways are busy with people hauling their boats and heading to their favorite destination.

Well it certainly wasn’t the warmest Victoria Day long weekend on record.  Although the parking lot was full the Muskoka chairs at Clevelands House were empty when I scooted by. (Please click pic for biggie size)

Click on the image for a adriondack chair sized photo

In: in and around muskoka ontario, on the water

1. Jenn Jilks says:

You didn’t mention the May 2-4 black flies?!

2. Ed says:

I did not find the black flies or mosquito’s to be very bad this past weekend. Perhaps it was the frosty nights and high winds that kept them away. I did hear they were bad in some places earlier though.

3. Heather says:

Love the shot…the water was so calm, great colors for the Muskoka chairs!

Saturday was heavy rain and high wind gusts here…didn’t make for great camping weather, Sunday was cloudy and cool but Monday was sunny and slightly warmer!
    No black flies or mosquito’s around here either…I agree too cold and windy!
    Cheers

4. Mike says:

Hi, nice posts there :-) thank’s for the interesting information

5. Pam Gray says:

would love to get an even bigger file for this one so I can frame it and hang on my wall…

6. Craig says:

Worked at Cleves from ’88 to ’91. The year I was a bellhop, one of my jobs was keeping all those chairs in a straight row! :o)